ST. MONICA’S PARISH BONWIRE
SHORT HISTORY: The Church was established in 1937 by Opanin Robert K. Boadi. It was a Methodist singing band which was converted to Anglican Church.
The first Priest who catered for the Church was Rev. Fr. Akwaa of St. Cyprians church now Cathedral. They started with 8 men 10 women.
The Church started school in 1961, the Church has put a new chapel building which has became the new Parish. The first Parish Priest is Rev. Fr. Prof. Mensah Bonsu. The first wardens were Madam Grace Boadu –People Warden, Nana Frimpong Manso Priest Warden.
It was raised to parochial level on 25th may 2008 by the Rt. Rev. Dr. Daniel Yinkah Sarfo Anglican Bishop of Kumasi.